Bedfordshire County Football League

The Home of Football in Bedfordshire

Page - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34 - 35 - 36 - 37
Tuesday 06th May 2014
Cup Joy for Stevington plus Shefford Town & Campton.
Monday 5th May 2014. Watson Shield Final

Before a Cranfield United crowd of 150, Meltis Albion failed in their quest to achieve a league and cup double when beaten in the final of the Watson Shied 3-0 by Stevington who had finished 14 points behind them in second place in the seasons division three league table.

In a most forgettable opening half the only real chance the sun baked crowd had of seeing a goal came when first Stevington’s Ben Walsh executed the perfect tackle to prevent Albion’s Carl Townsend bearing clear on goal in the 25th minute then just three minutes from the break, Walsh at the other end saw his free kick evade all in the Albion penalty box to hit the bottom of the post and sail away to safely.

However within five minutes of the restart Stevington had taken the lead when Tristan Clark’s low pinpointed cross was slammed home from close range by in the in-rushing Aaron Fletcher. This appear to awaken the Meltis and now some 58 minutes into the game they produced their first real effort on target when Asa Garlick warmed the hands of Stevington goalkeeper Martin O’Reilly from long range.

The action however was soon back at the other end, first Clark brought a fine one handed save out of Albion goalkeeper Luke Damon then from close range Sam Nightingale sent an effort sailing over the crossbar. Yet within five minutes Nightingale had made amends has he ran free down the right to provide the cross from which James Bourke bundled across the line goal number two.

Stevington now knew the Shield was on its way back to the Village for the second time following their success 10years ago and with just five minutes left on the watch they made it 3-0. Albion’s Jamie Carson caught using his hands in the penalty box and from the resulting spot kick Gavin White made no mistake to seal his sides victory.

Meltis Albion: Luke Damon, Darren Allen, Jamie Carson, Asa Garlick, Thomas Hughes, Sylvester Mulenga, Daniel Smith, Calum Stuart, Carl Townsend, Kieran Walsh, Padraich Walsh. Subs Used: Sahr Sherrif-Songa, Jake Taylor, Lewis Osborne.

Stevington : Martin O’Reilly, Tristan Clark, Matthew Coles, James Bourke, Simon Ellis, Aaron Fletcher, Samuel King, Jordan McMullen, Alex Smith, Ben Walsh, Gavin White. Subs Used: Aaron Corker, Sam Nightingale, Clinton Tatham.

Monday 5th May 2014. Britannia Cup Final.

Before an AFC Kempston Rovers crowd of 250, Shefford Town & Campton turned the league seasons form upside down by emerging 2-0 winners over the more fancied Wilstead to recapture the cup they last won in season 2010-11.

The game unlike most finals was quickly into its stride with three chances of the opening goal arriving in the first 10 minutes, first Wilstead’s Paul Jones flashed an effort just wide of the Shefford Town & Campton uprights then at the other end Adam Larsen lifted an effort over the crossbar before Andrew Hayday saw goalkeeper Daryl Baker turn his effort on goal around his uprights for a corner.

Yet Hayday was to gain his revenge six minutes later when after using his muscle to hold off Wilstead defender Sean Harrod he sent the perfect finish passed a rooted to his line Baker. However, the action was soon down the other end and for the rest of the half the Town hero became their goalkeeper Barry UIyatt, first he made a fine save to keep out a Paul Jones free kick before making an even better stop with a one handed save to deny Adam Budek.

With the half drawing to a close Wilstead then failed to help themselves as Liam Fenton fluffed his lines right in front of goal and then Jones sent a poor free kick straight into the arms of Ulyatt.

Within 10 minutes of the restart Shefford Town & Campton had doubled their lead, Wilstead goalkeeper Baker keeping out the original effort from Hayday only to be left grounded as Adam Larsen followed up to hit the rebound passed him. If it was not already game over then perhaps it should have been seven minutes later when Joshua Goor sent a header skywards over the crossbar from close range.

But as the game drew to a close it was the Town who came all so close to making it 3-0 as Hayday sent his skipper Michael Jones romping clear on goal only to see Baker pull off a doubled barrelled save to deny him before the last chance of the evening arrived at the other end as Ulyatt could only stand and watch in horror as a Matt Rosborough effort came back off the bottom of his post.

Shefford Town & Campton : Barry Ulyatt, Joshua Goor, Andrew Hayday, Adam Larsen, Jon Ranson, Jake Renney, Tom Scurfield, Ryan Welton, Michael Jones, Jordan Ainslie, Matthew Tomsett, Sub Used: Joe Lewis.

Wilstead : Daryl Baker, Matt Davidson, Adam Budek, Liam Fenton, Paul Jones, Liam Philip, Matt Rosborough, John Steele, Sean Harrod, Wayne Quoreenton, Kevin Butler, Subs Used: Paul Dwyer, Ryan Kelly, Gregory Turnball.

Division Two.

AFC Oakley Sports M&DH Reserves now know they just require a single point from their last game of the season at home to Great Barford to lift the league title after running out 5-0 home winners over Co-op Sports. Matt Barnes netting three times alongside Kieran Souter and Jason Fleeting to bring up the nap hand.

Page - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34 - 35 - 36 - 37